I’m sorry to have neglected this blog so long. I still don’t have a digital camera*, and somehow not being able to illustrate Jacob’s exploits makes me much less inclined to write about them, especially when I have so much studying to do. But a quick update is definitely in order.
*NEW SKILLS BULLETIN* Jacob took his first steps over a month ago now, just before he turned 10 months old, and is now a rather confident stomper, although he still falls over when he does something especially daring like spin round or step into long grass. When he is excited he waves both arms and slaps his well-padded thighs with the palms of his hands. This evening he fed himself a little pile of Lima beans with olive oil and bits of celery: the oil made the beans a bit slippery but he persevered, and even fed several to me. He is a great dancer, although he hasn’t yet learned to tap his foot as he would like. Ed bought him a sopranino recorder, which he loves playing – there is a film of him doing so on Youtube – I will add a link if reminded. Jacob has a blue potty but I think he would rather I said no more than that on the subject.
Yesterday I took Jacob to the pediatrician for a check up (we had not been since January), so I can confidently report the following: weight 10.5 kg (23 lbs), length 77 cm and head circumference 18 1/2 inches (47 cm).
*finally mended, and on its way to us shortly thanks to my kind inlaws
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
but still no hair... well you can't have everything in this lifexxx
all the time for us to admire his fine cranium. xxx
I hesitate to say this, and so publicly, but I do recall a certain little girl being a bit on the baldy side at the same age... and just look at her now!! Jacob, my love, there is hope...
Oh Jacob - you are growing up much too fast! Please keep the photos coming so that I don't miss a thing.
Post a Comment