Friday, October 13, 2006

I am back!

The Chicago weather has been showing its teeth recently - just now and again, sudden snarls in the midst of a beautiful autumn, so as to remind us that winter will soon be upon us. We had a monumental storm at the beginning of last week, which tore up quite a few trees around Hyde Park, and also blew up our internet connection, That's why we've been quiet for a while: AT&T just delivered a new modem.
Then, on wednesday morning, we had a snow storm, most unexpected and dramatic. I was caught in it on our newly acquired bike (as I had been in the storm earlier), and I was almost blinded by the driving flakes on my way to my Uzbek lesson. Luckily our Jacob is well prepared for the weather, thanks to the generosity of his many admirers.
I'll be posting the backlog of photos up in chronological order, as I usually do, so make sure you scroll down if you don't want to miss any Jacob-gems.
He has been exploring his tongue recently, poking it out and wiggling it about like a lizard, and has also finally worked out how to suck his thumb. He also astonished me this afternoon by rolling over onto his back, when I had put him on his rug on his tummy. When I rolled him back again, he rolled over again. We both find this game very droll and exciting.

And, Jacob continues his exploration of flavours and textures with a Midwestern speciality. He is not sure about swallowing solids, but he loves to suck on carrots, bananas and cucumber.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooo, he's so cute! More photos! more photos!
love from auntie Lauraxxx