Today was the first day of summer camp for Jacob, Leila and Rufus.
Rufus and Leila's camp on the Midway Plaisance started at 9am, so I dropped them off first. They were both feeling a bit shy, but not tearful when Jacob and I walked off. I could not resist going to pick them up again somewhat sooner than the stated time of noon, so I was able to watch them play some hockey. Or rather, I watched Rufus play, and Leila loll in the sidelines. She only got into it once the game was over and the other players were high-fiving each other, but better late than never I say.
When I complimented Rufus on how far he'd been hitting that hockey ball, he corrected me: "it's called a puck, Mama." I am very proud - hockey looked fun!
He later also told me that one of the grownups at camp looks just like the Blackhawks symbol (of the Chicago hockey team), and that he is called Jasmine. Hmm.
I wonder how Jacob fared on his first day, at the Washington Park daycamp? I will know when I pick him up at 4.
Rufus and Leila's camp on the Midway Plaisance started at 9am, so I dropped them off first. They were both feeling a bit shy, but not tearful when Jacob and I walked off. I could not resist going to pick them up again somewhat sooner than the stated time of noon, so I was able to watch them play some hockey. Or rather, I watched Rufus play, and Leila loll in the sidelines. She only got into it once the game was over and the other players were high-fiving each other, but better late than never I say.
When I complimented Rufus on how far he'd been hitting that hockey ball, he corrected me: "it's called a puck, Mama." I am very proud - hockey looked fun!
He later also told me that one of the grownups at camp looks just like the Blackhawks symbol (of the Chicago hockey team), and that he is called Jasmine. Hmm.
I wonder how Jacob fared on his first day, at the Washington Park daycamp? I will know when I pick him up at 4.

1 comment:
Do let us know how Jacob got on! They are all growing up so quickly, Flora. Love & xxxx
Post a Comment