Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gnomic utterances and baby milestones

Our camera eats batteries like candy, so we have been giving her a rest until our rechargeable batteries arrive from Amazon. So I can't post a picture of Leila sitting up yet, hands clasped round her ankles, or of Rufus attempting a back flip in the bath, or of Jacob doing his "shake yer butt" dance.
Though underphotographed of late, they are all very well.
Rufus and Leila had their 5 month check up and jabs yesterday, and emerged with a clean bill of health and only mildly bruised feelings and thighs. Rufus now weighs 8 kg (17 lbs 14 oz) and Leila 6.9 kg (15 lb 12.5 oz).

Jacob has been charming and amusing us with his utterances recently (well, some of the time at least):
- yesterday, as he was scooting at high speed down the hallway on his spiderman scooter "I'm so fast, people will think I'm the king of Israel!!"

- overheard, as he was singing himself to sleep in his bedroom "The farmer wants a wife, the farmer wants a wife, high-ho the derry-oh the farmer wants a wife. A demon stole his wife, a demon stole his wife, high-ho the derry-oh a demon stole his wife" No wonder he has nightmares.

- this morning, when I will still in bed, he came to ask me "Mama, I am a panther AND a shopkeeper, so will you come and buy something?"

No comments: