Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Quiet please, the little lady is sleeping in my hands"

...that's what Jacob just said to his Dada. Berg's Lulu was playing rather loudly, while Jacob had been unpacking the matrioshki that Nigina gave us (very pretty Russian dolls that fit inside one another). Jacob had reached the favourite smallest doll, which he was cradling in the palm of his hands, and he interrupted Ed's comment about the atonality of Berg's music with
"Quiet please dada, the little lady is sleeping in my hands."

Also, as we were finishing lunch today, Ed said "I'm going to go to sleep after lunch," to which Jacob's sad but perceptive rejoinder was "I'm going to sleep after crying"

2 comments:

Jon Baines said...

Admittedly we are very tired, but we are laughing so much here in the front room that I'm shedding tears. (Ben's asleep, but good chance he'll be crying too soon enough!)

Unknown said...

How gorgeous