Just before saying goodbye to Jacob this morning and walking out of his classroom, we paused by the door for a familiar ritual. At Jacob height there is a white board covered in strips of soft velcro, and on the floor by the board there is a box full of laminated photographs of each child in the class, with velcro strips on the back. I am supposed to help Jacob find his picture and stick it on the board every morning, and put it back in the box when we leave. This morning Jacob was keen to talk about the children whose pictures were already up on the board. "Who's that?" he asked. "That's Lillian" I said. "She's just a little girl" he said cocking his head to one side and screwing up his face "and who's that?". "that's Hans" I said, availing myself thankfully of the name printed under each picture. "He's a naughty boy" said Jacob with great emphasis, shaking his head. "Why darling?"
"He bit my hand". I made the right noises, and he pointed at another picture. "Who's that?" "That's Bayenne". "Oh" he said "he's a sweet boy. He cries sometimes."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Poor Bayenne. Naughty Hans.
Post a Comment